Friday, March 9, 2012

The body as teacher

Lately I have been feeling a bit off center and fatigued in the afternoons. I could attribute this to many things, but what I noticed most is that my shoulders feel heavy with an invisible burden. Today I decided that now was the time to turn my attention to releasing that feeling! I know that a few minutes of attention to my body will allow for greater flow, not only in my shoulders, but also to my brain...but I had just not been taking action. Until now! After just a few minutes of rhomboid push-ups, head hang, and the thoracic stretch I felt so much lighter and more alert! I sat for a moment and closed my eyes…tuning in to the sensation of renewed flow in my body. The change was immediate and amazing. I felt so full of appreciation for these simple tools, and the opportunity to put them into use toward reconnecting with my whole being. I feel so grateful to my body for being such a wonderful teacher. By taking a break from what my mind wanted me to do, and making time to take care of my body, I rediscovered (for the millionth time) the connection between the mind and body, and felt the deep satisfaction of the spirit that comes from the alignment of the two. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment