Tuesday, April 10, 2012

On Alignment

I have been giving a lot of thought lately to the level of influence I have over how my body moves. The body is like a vehicle in that there are parts that we have control over and parts that will run on their own. Like a car, a boat, or a spaceship, the human body does best when used regularly and in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.

As I have been evaluating my ability to access the programs in my mind that run the body parts I am supposed to be responsible for moving, it has become apparent that I have let some parts gather dust or used them in a way that is wearing them down more quickly than my body can self-repair.  It gets one thinking, if I am unable to access the part of my brain that moves my pinky toe separate from the rest of my toes, how can I expect to be able to use my mind to create change in the wider world? If I am able to ignore the way I am misusing my own body, how can I expect to inspire others to treat themselves well?

Bringing my physical body towards alignment with its intended use is a key step on the path to accessing my unique potential. The body is an easy place to begin to focus your intention for alignment because its always with you. 

This blog post by Jillian Eve is another conversation on what it means to be in alignment. Jillian is quite the humorist, and I highly recommend you search for her post on walking. Be sure not to drink anything while you are reading it or it might come out your nose as you laugh!

What are your thoughts on aligning the body?
When we try to pick out anything by itself we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe.
— John Muir

No comments:

Post a Comment